jueves, 28 de diciembre de 2017

Z Fish Report (12/28/17)

Danny Gill from Alberta on the panga Dos Hermanos with Adolfo
up at the Ranch
Offshore (average) surface water temperature - Includes from the 5-6 mile mark at the 100 fathom line, then to the 1,000 fathom line being at 32 miles: 82°. 
Inshore (average) surface temperature. From the beach to about 5 miles: 81°
Blue water: (Chlorophyll amounts and surface temps from Terrafin SST) The blue water is from about the 100 fathom line, on out. From the below photo, it doesn’t get much better than this to understand the conditions for both offshore and inshore are almost perfect.

Offshore: The average per boat day for sailfish is about two hooked fish a day, and raising many more. Yesterday, with “Chile Wilie”, a long time visitor here from Oregon, and always fishing with the Team Dos Hermanos, fished with Cheva for two sailfish and a nice dorado.
Jesus, on the panga Dos Hermanos III fished with Austin  Le Van of Toronto, Canada for two sailfish and a nice dorado.
 Wilie from  Oregon  with a nice dorado with Cheva


Inshore: Right now, especially going into the full moon period next week, the inshore is the best bet.
Scott Donaldson
 Scott Donaldson from Washington fly fished with Adolfo on the panga Dos Hermanos early last week. He said he needed an extra day to rest up after the first day. This was what he emailed me: “I had two wonderful days with the Team Dos Hermanos. This is a great team to fish with. Tues. we went south. You could walk across the schools of bonita. I was toast by the end of the day. They let me throw a fly as long as I could then I switched to spinning gear.
Friday took us north and between the bonita, sierras and the jack crevalle, I knew my forearms were going to fall off. It looks like this 60-year-old better hit the gym before I try a double, in the same week, with this crew again”.

Ben Tate  with Adolfo
Adolfo, on the panga Dos Hermanos, fished yesterday with Danny Gill from Alberta, Canada. They made the long run north to the Ranch, getting a nice rooster and several jacks. But, this morning on the pier, Adolfo told me of the fish they missed. He said he saw this huge shark, or maybe even a false killer whale (bufeo) coming in on the surface popper. When the fish got close to the boat he said “it was the largest rooster I have seen in my life”. He was not prepared, and by the time he pitched out the live bait, the opportunity was gone. He told me it was at least 6 feet long, and the body was huge. Now remember, the 80 pound line world record for roosters (108 pounds) was taken on his boat, and he has logged 3 others over 100 pounds. This fish would have broken all records.

Mark Denison (right) with  Bob Ginther with one  of the many dobles
they had on roosters
The best news I have had all week is Mark Denison had repeat clients at his fishing lodge in La Barrita. Mark is taking over my fly and spin fishing clients down at Puerto Vicente, because of my skin cancer problems. And, he has a fishing lodge on the beach in La Barrita also.  Mark told me this “Today (Thursday) I fished with Bob Ginther and his son Tom from Wisconsin. Bob stayed with us last month as well. We found the roosters in the afternoon on the back side of Puerto Vicente Guerrero. We caught 25-30 roosters from noon on. All were ten to fifteen pounds, healthy and strong. More double and even triple headers than we could keep track of”.

In turn, Bob made this comment about his day on the water: “Mark, that was an absolutely awesome day on the water.  A checkmark on my bucket list after years of research and planning. And to be able to do it with my son even better!  You have a great thing going here at Casa Rayo del Sol in La Barrita, GRO, MX”
Ed Kunze                                                                            

 (Director of the Roosterfish Foundation, IGFA Representative)






1 comentario:

  1. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and will often come back in the future. I want to encourage one to continue your great writing, have a nice day! Sardine Run diving expeditions

    ResponderEliminar